Which New Zealand Immigration Visa

There are too many New Zealand visas to summarise on our website, so we have selected the following because they cover 95% of all new visa applications.

  • Most of our clients emigrate under Skilled Migrant Category (SMC).
  • NZ is a great place for education, and we assist students enrolling in high school and university, (including mature students) to obtain Student Visas.
  • We also assist investors and businesspeople to secure Investor 2 Residence Visas and Entrepreneur Work Visas (EWV).

Skilled Migrant Category Residence Visa (SMC)

This visa entitles you to live in New Zealand as a resident for a 2-year period. At the end of this period, providing you meet certain criteria, you can apply for permanent residence.

To qualify for residence under this category you must:

  • Be able to claim a minimum of 160 points through an assessment based on a combination of age, qualifications, relevant experience, and an offer of employment in New Zealand
  • Meet the English language competency, health, and character requirement.To know exactly how many points you can claim, complete our Free Assessment.

Fee Paying Student Visa

If you are from overseas, you can apply for a visa to study full-time in New Zealand for up to 4 years. You will need to pay the full cost of your course and enroll with an approved education provider. While you are here, you can enjoy New Zealand’s high-quality teaching standards and gain internationally recognised qualifications.

With this visa you can:

  • Study full-time, including schools and tertiary (university and colleges) education
  • Work part-time up to 20 hours a week while studying and full-time in the holidays, depending on your visa conditions
  • Live by yourself if you are above a certain age, otherwise you’ll need to come with your parent or legal guardian

Mature Students:

  • We have assisted mature students to enroll in degree, masters and PhD courses. Their partners usually obtain work visas for the same period as the course. Based on the partner’s work visa, their children are granted student or visitor visas for the same period as their parents and can attend school as domestic students.

Investor 2 Residence Visa

Experienced businesspeople who have a minimum of NZ $3 million in available funds or assets can apply for New Zealand residence.

A points-based system is used to assess eligibility for Investor 2 Resident Visas. This visa enables you to stay indefinitely in New Zealand. The age range is up to 65. You can include your partner and dependent children up to the age of 24 in your visa application.

You will need to submit an Expression of Interest telling INZ about your business experience, investment and settlement funds. If your Expression of Interest is successful you, your partner and dependent children will be invited to apply for New Zealand residence. You will have 4 months to submit your application.

To find out if you qualify for the Investor 2 Residence Visa please complete our Free Assessment.

Entrepreneur Work Visa (EWV)

The EWV Visa is for businesspeople who want to work in their own business in New Zealand. To apply, you’ll need to provide a detailed business plan, have at least NZ $100,000 to invest in your business and be able to claim 120 points on Immigration New Zealand’s (INZ) point-based system.

If you’re granted an EWV, you can buy or set up a business without living in New Zealand permanently. Initially you will be granted a 12-month visa for the start-up stage of your visa, then another 24 months once you can demonstrate that you’ve set up your business.

With an EWV, you come to New Zealand to buy or set up your own business and work in the business for up to 3 years. At the end of this time period you may be able to apply for residence if all criteria are met.

You can include your partner and dependent children aged 19 and under in your visa application.

If your business is in the science or ICT sectors and shows a high level of innovation or export potential, INZ may consider waiving the NZ $100,000 capital investment requirement.

You will not be granted an Entrepreneur Work Visa if you’ve been made bankrupt or been involved in a business failure in the last 5 years or if you’ve been involved in any kind of business fraud or financial wrong doing.

To find out if you qualify for an EWV, please complete our Free Assessment.

Family Category - Parent Resident Visa

You may be able to move to New Zealand to join your adult New Zealand citizen or resident child. You will have to submit an Expression of Interest explaining how you’ll meet the requirements for tier one or tier two of the two-tiered system and be sponsored by your child.

If you are invited to apply for residence and your application is successful, you’ll be able to live, work and study in New Zealand indefinitely. You can include your partner in the residence application.

Grandparents and legal guardians may be able to apply for residence under this category.

If you have dependent children, you are not eligible for this visa.